Intermodal transportation will save you time and money!
If you’re shipping truckloads over 700 miles, you can rely on Landstar for door-to-door intermodal to maximize shipping lane capacity, minimize costs and guarantee reliable delivery of your products.
Landstar makes the transition from truckload to intermodal simple.
What is Intermodal?
Intermodal transportation is the movement of freight via multiple methods of transportation. This method is an attractive option for shippers because it results in reduced capacity requirements and lower costs. Intermodal also reduces the amount of handling in a shipment and that helps to increase security during transport.
Key advantages Intermodal has over Truckload:
- An average of 15 to 18% cost savings
- Capacity solution for constrained truckload lanes
- Truck competitive transits
- Enhanced security
- Improved carbon footprint
Choosing Intermodal service with Landstar greatly improves your strategy:
- Landstar is your one point of contact and we provide box car, bulk, flat car and tank capacity.
- Obtain exceptional coverage and custom service with a leading industry expert who partners with major RAIL and STACK TRAIN operators.
- Minimize your transportation costs with competitive and consistent pricing.
- Receive comprehensive coverage for your supply chain, including services in/out of Canada and Mexico.
- Fulfill your needs for drop trailers, refrigerated equipment, or live load/unload operations.
- Speak to experts who can easily convert your shipments between truck and rail equipment.
If you’re looking to create the most effective freight lane available, call us to discuss the elements in order to consider whether a conversion to intermodal is the best course of action for your shipment. Count on us to provide award winning, dependable intermodal service for your business and obtain the equipment you need, when you need it.
Intermodal is your cost-effective, safe, reliable and eco-friendly transportation solution.
Contact us to discuss these cost-effective measures. If you need a Rail Intermodal freight quote, send us a request or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org